Follow these 5 steps to grow your very own Chia Pet
1. Fill a small bowl with a 1/4 cup of water. Use a teaspoon and measure out 2 teaspoons of Chia seeds. Moisten all of the seeds and let it set for 1 hour. This will create a "Chia Gel" that you will use to cover your Chia Pet. Use a separate container and submerge your Chia planter and soak for 1 hour.
2. evenly apply the seeds to the grooves of your planter, you can use a small knife, or spatula to spread out the seeds. Completely fill your Chia with water. Water daily and make sure the water level stays consistent, add water when necessary . Us the Plastic tray to gather any excess water that drains from the planter. Discard the excess water.
3. Monitor your Chia daily, making sure to keep it full of water In about 3-5 days moist seeds should sprout.
4. If the Air is dry you many need to create a min green house for your Chia by placing a plastic bag over it to keep the air moist. When most of your seeds have sprouted you can remove the bag. Place your chia in a sunny location but not in direct sun.
5. You can reuse your Chia Pet forever! When Chia sprouts die follow the above procedure and replant. Get crazy and try similar herbs like basil, timothy, alfalfa, marjoram or thyme.
6. Love your Chia.